IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
The first day of STUDIO Classes Monday, August 30, 2021.
No classes & offices closed Labor Day: Monday, September 6, 2021.
Thanksgiving Break (no classes): Wednesday, November 24 - Sunday, November 28, 2021.
Winter Break (no classes): Monday, December 20, 2021 - Sunday, January 2, 2022. Classes resume on January 3, 2022.
STUDIO classes for our 2021-2022 season run through May 28, 2022
Traveling classes vary by location for start and end dates.
Closed Memorial Day, Monday, May 30, 2022
Closed every 4th of July
DANCE MOVES POLICIES:
1. Dancers must be fully potty trained in order to participate in any Dance Moves of Charleston activities. Please note all classes are drop-off. Parents are not allowed in the dance rooms as it is a huge distraction to the dancers. No parents or guardians are allowed beyond the glass doors. If you would like a personal tour of the studio click the "schedule an appointment" button at the top of the page.
2. UPDATED MASK POLICY 9/5/21: Currently, everyone ages 2 and older are required to wear masks at all times at our studio. We have updated our mask policy to follow the recommendations of the CDC and our local hospitals (Roper, MUSC).
We have hired Cleaning Solutions LLC to do an overhaul on the studios with medical-grade disinfectants, cleaners, soaps, and hand sanitizers. We have developed and implemented a continuous sanitation system to be used every day, before and after each group, by all staff members.
If children have ANY signs of illness they will not be allowed inside the studio - this includes (but is not limited to) cough, runny nose, sore throat, upset stomach. If a child reports feeling symptoms at any time, a parent will be called to pick them up immediately and we will provide them with a mask to wear while they wait in the lobby with our staff.
Zoom links for virtual classes are available if your dancer is ever unable to come to the studio for class. Contact a manager or call the studio.
Our staff is fully vaccinated.
Mask policies are subject to change, and any changes will be communicated via email.
3. Dancers are admitted into the studio 5 minutes before class time. We ask that dancers are picked up no later than 5 minutes after their class has ended. We understand the possibility of traffic etc, so please call the studio to let us know if you will be late. Parents are not allowed to hang out in the lobby. Dancers will be picked up at the front door. We will call them out when class is done.
4. We operate on two billing cycles: The School Year (September - May) and the Summer (June - August) The School Year's tuition is a set amount divided into 9 EQUAL monthly payments. Tuition is the same every month regardless of holidays, inclement weather, or statewide closings.
PLEASE NOTE: If statewide closings do occur (with the exception of direct hurricane hits and mandatory evacuations) Dance Moves will immediately move to virtual classes and tuition will be due as usual.
Summer is divided by an 8-week session for classes and weekly camps. Tuition for these programs is due in full upon enrollment. A 3-week cancellation for summer is required for a FULL refund UNLESS we can fill your spot.
5. Tuition Policy: Tuition for The School Year is MONTHLY even though Studio Director calls it sessions. Tuition is due the 1st of every month and is considered late with a $15 fee on the 15th. VERY IMPORTANT: All cards will automatically be run for overdue balances whether you are on the AUTO PAY option or NOT on the 15th of the month before this fee is added. Children will not be allowed to attend class if tuition is not paid on time. Every account must have a credit card on file.
6. AutoPay options are available when you register or by contacting Jessica@DanceMovesofCharleston.com. Tuition for all Summer programs is due upon enrollment and there are no refunds on camps or classes unless canceled at least 2 weeks prior to the start date.
7. Every student pays an annual registration fee of $25 which will be billed with your first month’s tuition. Families with more than one student will receive a discounted registration fee upon the second and third child's registrations (applied automatically).
8. There is NO prorating for tuition. Every student may make up missed classes due to sickness, travel, and inclement weather. Make up classes need to be scheduled by calling the studio or emailing a manager. PLEASE NOTE: Only 2 make-up classes are allowed per semester. We encourage you to find a better-timed class if you are regularly missing the one you are signed up for.
9. Cancellations: We require a 2-week notice in The School Year to cancel. There are no refunds on cards run if we have not been notified at least 2 weeks before dropping during the school year. You will be able to finish the month you paid for. There are no refunds on Summer camps or classes unless you cancel at least 2 weeks prior to the start date or we can fill your spot.
10. Make up Classes: Each dancer may take up to 2 make up classes per class per semester. Make up classes must be scheduled within the same semester as the missed class. Make up classes MUST be pre-scheduled through the studio office. Missed make up classes will still count toward the 2 maximum make up classes per class per semester policy.
11. Dress Code: All STUDIO students are required to follow our Dress code. Please click the link to view what your child needs. We sell tights, shoes, and leotards on-site at the studio. Traveling students are recommended to get the proper shoes and may wear any comfortable clothing they like. We will NOT change students at schools.
We offer a 10% multi-class/multi-student discount to families that is automatically applied. PLEASE NOTE discounts DO NOT apply to Summer Camps.
We also offer an unlimited class rate of $225 (ideal for students taking 4 or more classes) that will not additionally be discounted for any of the above discounts mentioned.
13. PLEASE NOTE VERY IMPORTANT Only one 10% discount per family.